10 Positive autosuggestions to make self hypnosis work for you
Self-hypnosis is not difficult to learn, and there are many books and other resources to get trained, such as my own free online course, available on this website.*
However, once trained, often those new to hypnosis have trouble coming up with the right kind of autosuggestions to give themselves. Here’s a list to get you started.
Choose one of the following statements, and practice how to say it to yourself in a way that really has feeling to it, has meaning for you. Say it out loud, and make sure you are not just mechanically repeating the sentence, but really putting sense in it.
Then put yourself in hypnosis, relax, make your hypnotic state even deeper by counting down again, and then repeat your chosen sentence, at least five times, even as many as ten times if you wish. Every single time you say it, try to imagine it and believe in the words more and more strongly.
- My memory improves every day and I can give my entire attention to tasks.
- I feel more and more calm, relaxed and confident. I can do this.
- Every day, in every way, I am getting better and better.
- I live in the present and my actions are coherent with my own values.
- I see things more and more in perspective, and I am increasingly calm and balanced.
- Every day I am more at ease and confident in all situations.
- Every day I think, feel, walk and talk more and more like the person I want to be.
- I speak with other calmly, confidently and decisively; more and more others like to listen to me.
- I am in control of my life now, and I make better and better choices.
- Every day I have a deeper understanding of myself and I am more alive and self-aware.